What is a cookie?
A cookie is a harmless file that is downloaded to your computer when you access certain web pages. Cookies allow a web page, among other things, to store and retrieve information about the browsing habits of a user or their computer and, depending on the information they contain and the way they use their computer.
Thus, there are cookies that obtain information related to the number of pages visited, the city to which the IP address from which it is accessed is assigned, the number of new users, the frequency and recidivism of the visits, the time of visit, the browser, the operator or the type of terminal from which the visit is made.
What is NOT a cookie?
It is not a virus, or a Trojan, or a worm, or spam, or spyware, or open windows pop-up.
What information does a cookie keep?
Cookies do not usually store sensitive information about you, such as credit cards or bank details, photographs, your ID or personal information, etc. The data they keep are of a technical nature, personal preferences, personalization of contents, etc.
The web server does not associate you as a person, but to your web browser. In fact, if you browse regularly with Internet Explorer and try to navigate through the same website with Firefox or Chrome you will see that the web does not realize that you are the same person because it is really associating the browser, not the person.
What happens if I disable cookies?
So that you understand the scope that can have to deactivate the cookies we show you some examples:
- You will not be able to share content from that website on Facebook, Twitter or any other social network.
- The website will not be able to adapt the contents to your personal preferences, as in the online store.
- You will not be able to access the personal area of the web, such as My account, or My profile or My orders.
- Online store: It will be impossible to make purchases online, they will have to be telephone or visiting the physical store if you have it.
- It will not be possible to customize your geographical preferences as time zone, currency or language.
- The website will not be able to perform web analytics on visitors and traffic on the web, which will make it difficult for the website to be competitive.
- You can not write on the blog, you can not upload photos, post comments, rate or rate content. The web will not be able to know if you are a human or an automated application that publishes spam.
- It will not be possible to show sectorized advertising, which will reduce the advertising revenue of the web.
What types of cookies are there?
Types of cookies depending on the entity that manages the computer or domain from where the cookies are sent and treat the data obtained, we can distinguish:
Own cookies: Are those that are sent to the user’s terminal equipment from a computer or domain managed by the editor itself and from which the service requested by the user is provided.
Third party cookies: These are those that are sent to the user’s terminal equipment from a computer or domain that is not managed by the publisher, but by another entity that processes the data obtained through the cookies.
In the event that cookies are installed from a computer or domain managed by the publisher itself but the information collected through them is managed by a third party, they can not be considered as own cookies.
This site can also host web beacons (also known as web bugs). Web beacons are usually small images of a pixel by a pixel, visible or invisible placed within the source code of the web pages of a site. Web beacons serve and are used in a similar way to cookies. In addition, web beacons are often used to measure the traffic of users who visit a web page and can draw a pattern of users of a site.
Third party cookies
In some cases, we share information about visitors to this site anonymously or in aggregate with third parties for the sole purpose of improving our services. All these processing tasks will be regulated according to the legal norms and all your data protection rights will be respected according to the current regulation.
- How Google uses the data it collects on websites
What types of cookies are used on this website?
By accessing the web miapetra.es we inform you that if you continue browsing you will be installed several own and third-party cookies corresponding to the analytics of the web (by way of example: Google Analytics or similar tools) to help the website analyze the use of the website and improve its usability, but in no case, are associated with data that may come to identify you. The data they keep are of a technical nature, personal preferences, personalization of contents, etc. The web server does not associate you as a person but to your web browser
This website uses its own and third-party cookies to ensure you have a better browsing experience, share content on social networks, leave comments and obtain statistics from our users.
As a user, you can reject the processing of data or information by blocking these cookies through the appropriate configuration of your browser. However, you should know that if you do, this site may not work properly.
The following table is included below, only by way of example, with identification of the most relevant cookies used on this website, as well as whether they are owned by third parties (and identification of the third party hired or whose services have been decided to use) and their purpose:
|Strictly necessary||C. User input
C. of authentication session or user identification
C. user security
C. of media player session
C. of session to balance the loadC. Customization of the user interface
C. to fill out the forms. of the comment system that remembers the acceptance of cookies
|They serve to offer services remember configurations to improve your browsing experience on our website.|
|Third Party Cookies:||Information||Purpose|
|Analytics: Google Analytics,||Number of visits, pages or sections visited, browsing time, sites visited before entering this page, details about used browsers||Statistical reports on the traffic of the website, its total audience and the audience in a certain advertising campaign|
|Acumbamail and Mailchimp||User registration data||Management of catalogs, newsletters or promotions|
|Behavioral advertising||Information on Social Participation and User Tracking.||The main objective of the cookies of this host is: Orientation / Advertising|
|Technical cookies They reinforce the security of access to the PayPal payment platform. They can link with paypalobjects.com.||Technical cookies They reinforce the security of access to the PayPal payment platform. They can link with paypalobjects.com.|
Currently this website hosts advertising for:
- There are also cookies corresponding to social networks that use this website have their own cookies policies.
How are cookies managed?
Since cookies are normal text files, they can be scanned with most text editors or word processing programs. You can click on a cookie to open it. Below is a list of links on how to view cookies in different browsers. If you use another browser, consult the information on cookies in the browser itself. If you use a mobile phone, check the device manual for more information.
Internet Explorer 8-10: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/internet-explorer/delete-manage-cookies
Setting cookies for the most popular browsers
Here’s how to access a specific browser cookie
Chrome: (These steps may vary depending on the browser version):
- Go to Settings or Preferences through the File menu or by clicking on the personalization icon that appears on the top right.
- You will see different sections, click the option Show advanced options.
- Go to Privacy, Content Settings.
- Select All cookies and site data.
- A list with all the cookies ordered by domain will appear. To make it easier for you to find the cookies of a specific domain, enter the address partially or completely in the Search cookies field.
- After making this filter, one or several lines with the cookies of the requested web appear on the screen. Now you just must select it and press the X to proceed with its elimination.
To access the browser settings of the Internet Explorer browser follow these steps (may vary depending on the browser version):
- Go to Tools, Internet Options
- Click on Privacy
- Move the slider to adjust the level of privacy you want.
To access the cookie settings of the Firefox browser follow these steps (may vary depending on the version of the browser):
- Go to Options or Preferences according to your operating system.
- Click on Privacy
- In History choose Use custom settings for history.
- Now you will see the option Accept cookies, you can activate or deactivate it according to your preferences.
To access the cookie settings of the Safari browser for OSX follow these steps (may vary depending on the browser version):
- Go to Preferences, then Privacy.
- In this place you will see the option Block cookies so that you can adjust the type of block you wish to make.
- To access the cookie settings of the Safari browser for iOS follow these steps (may vary depending on the version of the browser):
- Go to Settings, then Safari.
- Go to Privacy and Security, you will see the option Block cookies so that you can adjust the type of block you wish to make.
To access the browser cookie settings for Android devices follow these steps (may vary depending on the browser version):
- Run the browser and press the Menu key, then Settings.
- Go to Security and Privacy, you will see the option Accept cookies to activate or deactivate the box.
To access the browser cookie settings for Windows Phone devices follow these steps (may vary depending on the browser version):
- Open Internet Explorer, then More, then Settings
- Now you can activate or deactivate the Allow cookies box.
Do Not Track
MIAPETRA has adapted the website to the Do Not Track standard to guarantee greater privacy for users who have activated this option in their browser.
This website automatically excludes users who send the Do Not Track header from the Google Analytics tracking, and it is compatible with the express acceptance of them.
If you wish you can disable Google Analytics tracking through this browser add-on offered by Google
Web browsers are the tools in charge of storing cookies and from this place you must exercise your right to eliminate or deactivate them. Neither this website nor its legal representatives can guarantee the correct or incorrect manipulation of cookies by the browsers.
In some cases it is necessary to install cookies so that the browser does not forget your decision of not accepting them.
In the case of Google Analytics cookies, this company stores cookies on servers located in the United States and agrees not to share it with third parties, except in cases where it is necessary for the operation of the system or when the law requires such effect. According to Google does not save your IP address. Google Inc. is a company adhering to the Safe Harbor Agreement that guarantees that all transferred data will be treated with a level of protection in accordance with European regulations.
Review my preferences about cookies on this site
Again, I remind you that you can always review your preferences about the acceptance, or not, of cookies on this website, at any time.
Last revision: May 2018